Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Penguin Party







Yeah for something new! I am always so excited when I get a request for something totally new that I haven't tried before. This weekend was just that...a Penguin Party Cake. A sweet little girl was turning 3 years old and loves penguins. The cake was Chocolate Fudge with a Cookies and Cream filling. The "glacier" was made out of rice krispie treats and covered in fondant that I hand painted with pearl luster dust. The penguins were all sculpted in fondant. I also made all of the glass candy to look like ice. The glass candy was a fun way to work with sugar, I think I will start to work with sugar in more ways, I really like the dimension it gives the cakes. I would love to try the hand blown bubbles I have seen them do on the Food Network....

8 comments:

Lorri said...

I just LOVE those little penguins!

Stephanie said...

It was a great cake. Everyone loved it! It was yummy!

Christi said...

Adorable! You've got a winner again!

Christi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi Clinger said...

It turned out great, Jamie.

Heaven on Earth said...

It was so special and Emme just loved it! Not only did it taste delicious, but it was the most creative cake I have ever seen!

Tonya said...

If that is not the cutest thing ever!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cake. Such cute penguins.
In fact, everyone of your cakes looks perfect.