Thursday, January 1, 2009

Snowflakes!











Snowflakes...okay not real ones...it is actually supposed to be close to 70 again this weekend! Cookies...and lots of them. A friend ordered 4 dozen snowflake cookies for this Friday...I made it an even 50. Daughter # 1 reminded me that "No two snowflakes are alike mom!" Were upon daughter #2 made fun of her and said, "You got that off of Barney!" They were the soft sugar cookie...and also "Martha's Chocolate Cookies". They were iced in Royal Icing and then dusted with sparkling sugar...which I like much better than "sanding sugar" I find the sanding sugar is too big. And yes, no two were alike.




I have realized that as much as I love to bake...the novelty of it is wearing off the more and more pregnant I get. For one thing I just do not like most of what I eat these days. Really is women supposed to live by tomatoes, swiss cheese, and mushrooms alone? That is all that ever sounds good to me. I have "tried" baking myself some treats...I even made a pan of Cream Cheese Bars when my in-laws came last Saturday...Guess What...I threw the ENTIRE pan away today...with only the two small pieces gone, that were eaten by others last Saturday. It is strange to be really in the mood for something...only to not be interested in it in the slightest once given. Don't tell my mom...but I actually threw out the rest of the See's Chocolates that she sent me for Christmas....come on mom...2lbs! Are you trying to kill me! I was eating them just because I knew I could not get them again...and because I was "supposed" to love them. But not even See's was able to impress me lately. So I threw them out so that my thighs...which by the way...Why when I haven't taken anytime off the workouts and haven't been sitting around eating bon bons...did they have to grow at the same rate as my belly?...back to the See's... they met the trash rather than the eagerly awaiting thighs...because frankly they just were not cutting it. Maybe this is an impending sign that baby Olivia will be one of THOSE that I have heard about...that does not like chocolate or sweets...Not in my house :)

1 comment:

Christi said...

They're absolutely beautiful! The lady who ordered them better gush non-stop over them! Can I have your "sickness", please? Not the pregnant part, just the nothing sweet sounds good part.