Sunday, February 28, 2010

Its all in the details..


I did this set of cupcakes to match a cake and cookie order....The occasion was a 4 year old's birthday. The mom was doing an ice cream themed party...but not just an ice cream party. This women knew how to throw a party. She had centered the "scape" around these colors and made the most fantastic dessert buffet table. I absolutely loved her style. I think the charm is always in the small details, the one that can take something average into extraordinary. In my next life...I'm going to cater parties like this...and open my bakery....and cater "come to you" cake/cookie decorating birthday parties....ya...time...The cupcakes were from scratch, vanilla vanilla cake with butter cream icing and fondant polka-dots and fondant cherries...rolled in sanding sugar and jimmies.

No comments: