Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holiday Baking


We had a few parties to attend this past weekend, and I needed to bring some treats. I chose to make a Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake for one of them. The recipe is quite simple and turns out great every time. To make it look nice and add an extra sass I drizzled the cake with a fine white and a fine dark chocolate. I also added crushed peppermint sprinkles. The snowflake cookies were awesome.... and in the post to come. Here is the recipe for the cake:


Chocolate Pepermint Bundt Cake


1 pkg chocolate cake mix (I used choc. fudge)

1 pkg. instant pudding mix (i used choco. this time)

1 1/4 cups water

4 egg whites

1/2 cup butter melted

1/4 tsp. peppermint extract


Mix all ingredients adding eggs one at a time last. Beat on high for 2 min. Spread in greased Bundt pan and bake at 350 for 35to 40 min.

Let cool for 10 min. and reverse onto plate. Immediately poke holes into cake and drizzle with your favorite caramel topping (I like Richardson's because it is thick). Them drizzle with a combination of white and dark chocolate and crushed peppermint. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

No comments: