Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


I have a favorite franchise bakery in Utah...it's called Kneaders. They have the best salads...and brownies, and even live up to my high standards in chocolate chip cookies...most visits....when not pregnant. I found this recipe on a Utah news cast and had to try it out. The cookies were called "Kneaders Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies". From the pictures online the cookies looked less cakey and more chewy than the regular pumpkin cookies, so I thought I would give them a try. (Another gift I would make to bring to family this past weekend). Well, the cookies were very good...but alas they were as cakey as any home-made pumpkin cookies are. I am wondering if my change in the recipe had anything to do with the outcome (but I think not) You see the original recipe called for 1 and 1/2 CUPS BUTTER! In comparison to the amount of flour and eggs I thought this sounded like way to much...so I down-sized the butter by a half a cup and only added 1 Cup butter. All in all I think they were a good cookie, but not much different than the recipe I had already on hand.

Kneaders Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 c butter (I used only 1 cup)

1 c brown sugar

1/2 c sugar

2 eggs

1 15 ounce can pumpkin

2 c flour

1 TB baking powder

1 TB Cinnamon

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. ginger

1 c chocolate chips

Combine all dry ingredients and set aside. Beat sugar, butter and eggs until fluffy. Add pumpkin and slowly add in dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips last. Bake on parchment lined cookie sheet in oven set at 400 degrees for 12-15 min.