Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weekends!


This weekend I did what I have been doing most weekends lately...I made a cake. This time I did Spiderman. It was fun to do something different and that I have not done before. Even the flavors of the cake and filling were different from the norm ....Funfetti marbled cake (the marbling was an extra gesture to make it more "Spiderman" in the middle) and strawberry filling! The cake had BOY written all over it....I hope the birthday liked it. The cake was covered in buttercream, Spiderman was molded in fondant, the buildings were white chocolate, and the details and webs were royal icing. I had a great time making this cake. The picture is not the greatest..I need a new camera. I also added to the cake after I took the picture. I ended up putting buildings on the top of the cake for some more definition and more spider webs.

1 comment:

Rebecca Leigh said...

Wow! Thats amazing; the cake looks really cool, and very spidermanish. Good job!